Friday, October 29, 2010

The Impulse

A busy Coffee shop on late winter weekend afternoon.  It is snowing outside.  In the coffee shop it warm a little too warm.  Coats and jackets are slung across the backs of the bothes seats and hanging on hooks.  Two strangers are seating by one another at the counter.  One of then is a man and the other a woman.  The woman is looking at the menu, but the man is look straight ahead.  The woman looked up from her menu and said.
W:  Do you come here often?
M:  Are you talking to me?
W:  Yes
M:  Well no I have never been here.
W:  Do you know what you want to order.
M:  I am not here to order.
W:  Then what are you doing?
M:  If it had anything to do with you, you'd know.
W:  Well sorry it sound important, I will leave you alone.
M:  I didn't mean to come off so rude.
W:  Oh, no I understand.
M:  If you understood you would not be here any more.
W:  What are you talking about.  If you don't want to seat by me there a few seats open at the end there.
M:  That's not it.
W:  Then what is it?
Man wearing a black jacket:  Every one leave. NOW!
W: What is going on?
M:  You heard the man we have to leave.
W:  How... how... you knew didn't you.
M:  What are you talking about.
Man wearing a black jacket:  I said everyone out!
W:  He has a gun!
M:  You have to leave.
MWABJ:  Are you ready?
M:  Not yet.
W:  Do you know him?
M:  Yeah I do.
MWABJ:  It's time.
M:  Not yet.
W:  Who are you?
MWABJ:  I told you not to talk to anyone.
M:  I said leave!
MWABJ:  What are you doing?
W: What did you do?
M: RUN!

1 comment:

  1. Action: The woman wants to know what he is doing, and just more about him.
    Conflict: They get interrupted by a guy telling everyone to leave.
    Event: She is told to run away and does.
    I could change the whole thing I like the idea but would even knows what happened. Why were there three people?

    ReplyDelete